Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to My Wonderful Mother.


I can't remember a time in my life when my Mom wasn't one of my favorite people - if not my favorite person - to spend time with. I was blessed with some very good friends that I loved hanging out with, but when I came home, there was no disappointment. I had Mom. What a blessing it was to have a Mom who was the things a Mom should be -a source of wisdom and a understanding guide through a crazy world. But also was a friend. Fun to be with, fun to talk with. I have countless memories of late night runs to the store for a snack, long discussions about the deep issues of life, road trips long and short, scouring used bookstores for treasures of our favorite kind -books! The list goes on.
As I get older, now with daughters of my own, it strikes me that this can't have always been easy. Or maybe I am way more selfish with my time. Whatever the case, I am always encouraged to try to be the type of Mom I had. And everyonce in a while, I catch myself acting like her and I smile.

5 comments:

Rebecca Bonnell said...

Great post!

bekahe said...

Great post and I agree with it all:)

Janelle said...

Your mom is on my "favorite people" list too! Good memories...

Amber said...

Awesome post! I whole heartedly agree with it all!! We are pretty lucky :-)

Karmen said...

agreed! good post! :)