Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The long road home.

We had a wonderful time on our visit with friends and family. It was great to see so many different family members. I love visiting ND. I love being in a small town. I love the wide open spaces of the praire. I just wish it could have been longer. What I wish most of all is that it wasn't 1800 miles from us! But,well, it is and we did have to leave. Here are pics of the long train ride home.
The kids love Amtrak! They can play games (Jack was playing solitaire), walk around, lay down to sleep, not have to sit in a car seat. Lots of fun! Well, at least for the first day. Two days gets a bit long!


Mary had fun playing with her toys on the floor or seat. She did pretty well inspite of having a very bad cold. Oh, yes, I'm sure we were a big favorite with the other passengers! Traveling by myself with four young children did get attention continually, but, thankfully, people always commented that the kids were doing so well, were well-behaved etc. Thank the Lord! It was long for me but it could have been worse.

No comments: