Friday, August 28, 2009

Picture Study Week 2


This week we studied Jean-Francois Millet and his painting "Feeding Her Birds" Another jewel. Check out the link to read about this artist. He was a good choice for us to study right now because he lived in France from 1814-1875 which fits right into the era we are studying. He was a poor man living in difficult ,to say the least, times. He was not given much recognition by his contemporaries, but if you click on the link on his name, you will doubtless recognize at least a few of his works. I remember that we had "The Gleaners" in our home growing up and I always loved it. Another favorite is "The Angelus " Check out the link. I think that you, too, will enjoy getting a glimpse of life through the eyes of this , simple, God-fearing man.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Very cool to see his work and read his story. I remember having the gleaners picture. I wonder if they still have it? Thanks for sharing - very interesting.